Dr. Tokunboh Adeyemo passed away last night. Among many other accomplishments, Dr. Adeyemo was the editor of the Africa Bible Commentary. He had also served as general secretary of the Association of Evangelicals in Africa. Moses Owojaiye, a Nigerian student here at NEGST, has written a very nice tribute on his blog – Christianity in Africa. You can read more about Dr. Adeyemo in his post, The fall of an Iroko Tree.
UPDATE: A memorial service for Dr. Adeyemo will take place in Nairobi on Tuesday, 23rd March, at 10:00 am at Nairobi Pentecostal Church, Valley Road. The family will accompany his body to Nigeria on Wednesday 24th, and the burial will take place on Friday 26th in Ibadan, Nigeria.
- Personal tributes to Dr. Adeyemo on the African International University webpage. (He was the chancellor).
- East African article: “Here’s ABC, so that Africa may know the Word” (by Joseph Ngunjiri, 29 March 2010).
- Langham Partnership tribute (March 18, 2010)
- The Blessing and Enigma (Interview on AIM International about “the impact of the gospel in Africa, Aids, poverty and the role of the African Church in the world during this century.”
- List of articles by Dr. Adeyemo at Transformation: An International Journal of Holistic Mission Studies
- 1996 Urbana talk (AUDIO 25 mins): “Give me Africa or give me death.”
- 1997 GCOWE Interview (Global Consultation on World Evangelization): church in Africa, leadership
- The legacy of Tokunboh Adeyemo: a paper by a NEGST student, written while he was a student at Moody