- Which Bible?
- Hebrew Translation issues
- Greek Linguistic issues
- Easter Posts
- Pauline Studies
PLUS a few more of my own from the last couple of days:
- Jesus was crucified 1978 years ago (James Tabor)
- Doug Chaplin seems like a really nice guy. (Biblioblogger of the Month.)
- An impressive table comparing different OT/ANE chronologies. (Thanks: Justin Taylor)
- *Michael Bird rounds up the discussion on Biblical Criticism and Confessionalism sparked by the Westminster suspension of Enns. (I figure most of you who are looking for Enns info know where to go by now. If not, look right under “recent posts.”)
- More professors in trouble (Cedarville) or (CT Article)
- “a new Foundations class on Biblical Theology done by Drs. Miles Van Pelt (Old Testament), Craig Blomberg (Gospels), and Thomas Schreiner (Paul).” FREE (Look under announcements at biblicaltraining.org)
- Eisenbrauns has a great new selection of NOTworthy books (this post is a little dated now, but is still a must see – even if you aren’t a biblical scholar!! READ EACH DETAIL CAREFULLY)
- Scott McKnight’s reflections on 3 years of becoming a blogging sensation at Jesus Creed.
- A long list of papers from the Oxford Conference in the Synoptic Problem (papers available here.) (NT Gateway)
- Reading the Bible LITERALLY (really literally; try it yourself sometime).
- An interview with Ben Witherington3 (Lots of interesting stuff, and a few controversies mixed in. Which parts are controversial kind of depends on who you are. 😉
- Free Christian Academic stuff for I-Tunes.
11 recent fuller reviews at JHS including
- Day, Linda and Carolyn Pressler, eds., Engaging the Bible in a Gendered World: An Introduction to Feminist Biblical Interpretation in Honor of Katharine Doob Sakenfeld (Louisville/London: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006). (Reviewed by Irene Nowell)
- Heskett, Randall, Messianism Within the Scriptural Scroll of Isaiah (Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies, 456; New York/London: T & T Clark, 2007). (Reviewed by Phillip J. Long)
- Levenson, John D. Resurrection and the Restoration of Israel: The Ultimate Victory of the God of Life (New Haven/London: Yale University Press, 2006). (Reviewed by Alan Lenzi)
- Middlemas, Jill, The Troubles of Templeless Judah (Oxford Theological Monographs; Oxford/New York: Oxford University Press, 2005). (Reviewed by Ken Ristau)
- Nickelsburg, George W. E., Resurrection, Immortality, and Eternal Life in Intertestamental Judaism and Early Christianity (Harvard Theological Studies, 56; Expanded Edition; Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2006). (Reviewed by Dan Clanton)